"I am not what happened to me.I am what I choose to become." -CG Jung
Both my professional and personal experiences have cerated an insight as to how incredibly resilient people are. In my own life, I have overcome numerous obstacles and have faced challenging circumstances, including my own personal struggle with mental health, where I had to build upon my own internal resources to persevere. I believe that challenges can be opportunities for self-awareness, personal growth, and empowerment.
I am an accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist and EMDR therapist with over fourteen years clinical experience providing psychological therapy in England and the United States. I hold a Master's Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counselling and graduate certification in Marriage and Family Therapy from the University of Central Florida, which is ranked as a top ten graduate programme for counselling and psychotherapy in the United States. For additional information about my clinical training, please visit https://ccie.ucf.edu/counselored/.
I have worked extensively in the field of addiction and co-occurring disorders including anxiety disorders, complex trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, bipolar disorder, and personality disorders. I have had the privilege of working with a vast range of individuals including children, teens, adults, couples, families, military personnel, veterans and the uniformed services (Police, Prison Officers, Fire Service, Paramedics) in a variety of different settings including outpatient, hospital, non-for-profit organisations, schools, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and within the NHS.
I am very passionate about the military community. I am an Armed Forces Champion, providing therapy and support to veterans and their families within West Kent.
- Master of Arts in Counselor Education: Clinical Mental Health Counseling; University of Central Florida, United States
- Graduate Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy; University of Central Florida, United States
- Bachelors of Arts in Sociology; Minor in Psychology; Queens College, City University of New York, United States
Advanced and Specialised Trainings
- Individual Schema Therapy Certification; Schema Institute London, United Kingdom
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) Parts I, II, & III; Sandi Richman, M.A., London, United Kingdom
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Skills Training: Level 1; Behavioural Tech, Linehan Institute Training, United States
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy; Canterbury Christ Church University, United Kingdom
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
- EMDR Association UK & Ireland
- EMDR International Association
- International Society of Schema Therapy
I am committed to professional development as an opportunity to expand my knowledge and strengthen my clinical skill set. Some of the trainings I have attended include:
- EMDR with Military Veterans & Uniformed Services; Matt Wesson
- Healing the Heart of Complex Trauma and Dissociation with EMDR and Ego State Therapy; Carol Forgash, LCSW
- EMDR: Feeling State Addiction Protocol; Robert Miller, PhD.
- Dealing with Distress: Working with Self-harm and Suicide; Caroline Spring, Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors
- Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice; Caroline Spring, Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors
- Treating Trauma Master Series: The National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine
- The Flash Technique: Making Trauma Memories More Accessible EMDR Processing; Phil Manfield, PhD.
- EMDR Therapy & Mindfulness for Trauma-Focused Care; Jamie Marich, PhD.
- Working with Shame: The National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine
- Treating Concurrent PTSD in Patients with Borderline Personality Disorder: Principles and Evaluation of DBT for PTSD; International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Attachment-Focused EMDR: Healing Developmental Deficits and Adults Abused as Children; Laurel Parnell, PhD.
- Cognitive Processing Therapy for Trauma and PTSD; Lucia Hall, MSc.
- Transformational Chairwork; Scott Kellogg, PhD.
- Memory Focused Approaches in Cognitive Therapy for PTSD, Nick Grey, PhD.
- Compassion Focused Therapy for Depression; Chris Irons, PhD.
- Trauma, Dissociation, and Recovery; Caroline Spring, Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors
- Making Trauma Therapy Safer: The Psychophysiology of Trauma and PTSD; Babeth Rothchild, LCSW
- Emotional Regulation & Crisis Survival Skills: Integrating DBT Skills into Clinical Practice; Marsha Linehan, PhD.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Military Personnel; Charlie Waller Institute